About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Do it Gorgeously and Hungry Girl

I could not wait to tell you about this!
Is this cover (below) *not* the cutest?!
Homemade and Organic Solutions for Every Woman's Life.
Sign me up!
I can't wait to make my own Cough Drops!
How about a Minty Foot Scrub?
The Crispy Coconut and Chocolate Protein Bars are calling
my name.
You can make an apron from a men's shirt, learn to regrout,
make pickles, learn how to give a massage, make baby food
and the list goes on!
The library wants it back in 14 days. Thank I can learn everything
by then?
This one's going on my wish list.

This one is going to change my life.
Have you heard of Hungry Girl?
I want to make each and every one of these recipes, but alas,
I only have 14 days.
I CAN renew it.:)
Tonight I made The Big Apple French Toast Casserole (below).
The girls and I gave it an 8 out of 10. Mmmm...
232 calories and only 4.25 grams of fat.
Tomorrow night we are having Planet Hungrywood Sweet & Cap'n
Crunchy Chicken (Yep, you use Cap'n Crunch cereal as the breading!)

The Big Apple French Toast Casserole

Ingredients:
2 TB light whipped butter or light buttery spread
8 slices light bread, cut into cubes
1 apple (preferably Fuji) cored, peeled and diced
4 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups light vanilla soy milk
1 cup plus 2 TB sugar free pancake syrup, divided
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 pack of Splenda

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
In a small microwave bowl, microwave butter until melted. Set
aside. Spray an 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place bread cubes evenly along the bottom of the dish.
Sprinkle diced apples evenly over the bread.
In a medium-large bowl, combine melted butter, cream cheese,
soymilk, egg substitute, 2 TB syrup, cinnamon and sweetener. Using
a handheld mixer set to med. speed, mix until lump-free and smooth. Pour mixture over the bread and apples.

Make sure bread is soaked in the liquid mixture. If needed, toss lightly
to coat.

Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until egg mixture is pretty firm
and cooked through. (Be sure not to overcook, as bread could burn.)

Cut into quarters and serve with remaining 1 cup syrup for dipping. Serves 4.



10 comments:

Tristan said...

minty foot scrub!! now...that sounds amazing!!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I have made an apron from a man's shirt--it was the BINGO prize! Last year I was going to make some cough drops, but I never got around to it. I should do that now before the coughs come. The French Toast Casserole sounds delicious!!

Sherri said...

Have fun exploring the book-sounds like there are alot of helpful things in there! Maybe Santa will bring it to you for Christmas!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Both book sound great! The french toast sounds yummy!

Darlene said...

YUM that french toast casserole sounds YUMMY!! Both books sound wonderful.

Lindsay-ann said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the french toast casserole sounds good.
Happy cooking. Those books look great fun.
Lindsay
x

Robin Beck said...

Okay, I may just have to get the first book! The cover IS darling!

Love the mans shirt into apron idea...I've been dreaming of making aprons again! Tim has tons of shirts he no longer wears ~:)

Hope your week is going well, today has been my only day off in a long while. Ronnie got her wisdom teeth removed and came down with a ugly virus the day after...She is doing good today for the first time in over a week.

Have a great day!

Love,
Me

Love,
me

Fran. said...

Hi there Lori. I love those Hungary Girl Books. I get them at my library too. Always renew them!! Thanks for the pics!! Kaitlin was so embarassed! LOL But didn't stop her from looking! and yes you got the right one!! Hope your doing good. XO Fran.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Both these books sound great-and I wish I had the stuff to make the french toast...my tummy is rumbling reading the recipe...

Lori said...

Well I will just have to add these books to my book list . . . report on some of the thing you make from them so we can all see it.