About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mysteries all year long!

Next weekend.
Can't wait.
Katie will be Molly- need to find the glasses.
Mandy will be Mrs. Gilford.
The crabby no-nonsense housekeeper.
She is going to rock the part.

My Nancy Drew cuties.
They *all* read the book.
One sweetie read it 3 times!
2nd from the right.

I split them into two teams for the trivia challenge,
I was only able to stump them on two questions!

They made jeweled creations.
Mrs. Corning had them in the story.
So many "please" and "thank you's" from these girls.
I was utterly impressed and so very pleased.
I wrote notes telling their Moms.
Wouldn't you like to receive a note like that?

Sign of the Twisted Candles Peach Crisp.
Everyone helped.
Not a crumb left.:)

The same shirt!
They did not plan this.

It takes a lot to prepare for these classes.
It is worth every second.

Wonder if they will remember the fun times?

One young lady was quite upset when she found out we only met
once a month.

I have a feeling they will remember.
At least some of it.

The Clue of the Broken Locket next month.
Feel free to read along with us!

3 comments:

Tristan said...

too much fun for one post!!

i have never read a nancy drew book..something tells me i've missed out!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I would be so thrilled to get a not like that about my kids! So sweet of you--and them! Looks like you guys had such a good time. The Clue of the Broken Locket is one of my favorites.:)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I always LOVE seeing your Nancy Drew classes. The pictures make me long to come myself. You put such a lot into making it a great experience for all the girls and the pictures prove that it totally was just that. I am sure they will remember these fun classes all their lives. Jessica has one of those NY t-shirts too! Bet they all can't wait for the next class.
Lindsay
x