About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Les Mis, Snow White and Sleepovers

Rehearsals.
Snow White.
I cannot tell you how much I love watching Katie dance.
Love.


We went to see Les Miserables the other night.  Not my favorite version of it but it was good.  You could feel it and if you have seen it before you know what I mean.  Mandy said she could not imagine "anyone doing it better".  I wish I could see things like her and not be so critical sometimes.  She loved it and I loved it because she did.


 We all dressed up because it was a special occasion.  Shows like this don't come very often here.  Mandy even let me curl her hair.  I wish she could someday see how lovely she is.  Isn't that typical of women, though?  We rarely see how beautiful we are.  


 I want to go see it again.


 But for now we will focus on Snow White.  It will soon be here.


Sleepover Central.  That's us.  Katie and I are gearing up for a Justin Bieber sleepover.  The DVD is coming out on the 13th.  Have you pre-ordered yet?  It. Is. AMAZING.


Do your kids ever look at you like this?  She is the best big sister.  She keeps the littles happy so I can have a break.  You should have heard all the giggling!


I see these guys every day.  Love them but don't know the owners.  I have to click pics with my phone. This was a rainy day and they looked so perfect.  Waiting for the picture to be taken. 


One day I will get brave and use my camera.


"Do You Hear the People Sing" keeps playing in my head.
Perhaps Mandy was right.
Maybe they were pretty exceptional after all.

5 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Glad Mandy liked Les Mis. She looked so beautiful, both your girls did. I know how much you had been looking forward to this show so I am happy you all enjoyed it. We wish Katie good luck with her ballet show this weekend. We wish so much that we could come and watch. Please tell her we are thinking of her and love her pretty costume and makeup.
Do the horses live near your house? They are lovely especially the white one. If they lived near me they would get treated to lots of carrots and apples for sure.
Lindsay
x

April said...

I will be singing that song in my head all day long! :) So glad you ladies had such a fun night out! I love "Les Mis"! Best of luck to Mandy this weekend...those costumes are ADORABLE! I feel like a standing ovation is going to happen! ENJOY!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I love Katie and the other's outfits--so cute!! Glad Mandy loved Les Miserables. I just realized that I have never seen it! *gasp*

Tristan said...

i sooo wish i lived near you..lol! ya'll have so much fun!!

mandy IS lovely :)

katie is precious!

val said...

love all these photos. I wish K had gotten into dance...but it wasn't her 'thing'
I don't get those looks often....instead, I got the "you don't need to chaperone the field trips anymore mom" lecture. Broke. My. Heart.
K isn't into Beiber....none the girls here are....so weird, I don't know why.
Good luck to Mandy...she is lovely....and I love Katie in her outfit......amazing, wish I could watch her!