About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, March 24, 2012

First Date by Krista McGee- Book Review


I love reality shows.  In fact, I look forward to watching Survivor, The Amazing Race, and The Apprentice all week.  First Date, by Krista McGee,  is a story of 100 young girls competing against each other on a fictional reality show called The Book of Love.  They are hoping to win a date (to the prom!) with the president's very handsome son, Jonathan.  Every girl wants to be there except Addy Davidson.  Addy Davidson is chosen to be on The Book of Love by her high school principal who feels she is unique and special- something different than the other girls. We follow Addy as she participates in the competition- although at the beginning she is not exactly thrilled about it.  But that is soon to change...

The competition is harsh and Addy's faith is tested.  With the support of her friend, Kara, and her uncle Addy becomes a role model and an inspiration.  First Date was refreshing and I enjoyed each and every page!  I loved learning more about Addy's background that also includes her missionary parents.  Her Mom's journal entries were bittersweet.  I also enjoyed watching Addy's faith in God grow stronger as she saw God's purpose for her being on the reality show.  the parallels to the book of Esther were very apparent.  The characters were well written, the story line was believable, and the humor was clever.  I can't wait to read the book again- this time with my daughters!

*I was given a digital copy of First Date by Book Sneeze in exhange for my honest opinion.  No other compensation was received.*

No comments: