About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Quiet Moment to Myself

I am all by myself at the moment.
Sort of.
Ruby is snoring at my feet.
Snookie just came by for a visit on my desk.
Crazy cat.


rough morning.
Squabbling in front of the bathroom mirror.
No fatalities but there was a lecture to follow.
I sure can give them.
I probably sound like Charlie Brown's teacher.  
Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla...


Mandy is volunteering.
So proud of her.
She helps the little ones (2-3 year olds) at story time.
I imagine she is a sort of "Wiggles" star to them.
Singing and dancing is involved.
No eye contact with parents, though, as that would be mortifying.
She has no idea how much they appreciate the break.
She is a rock star to them, too.:)



Katie is at day camp.
I love her excitement over the activities, games and such.
No desire for sleep away camp yet. 
I don't think I'm ready either.


Battling those darn japanese beetles.
I staged a rescue mission this morning so that a few roses could grace my table!


Mandy says it doesn't feel like summer yet.
Poor girls have school all year long. 
That may be part (if not all) of the problem.
This frees us up for vacations and getaways any time of the year.
We are soon heading South so everyone will be smiling.:)


Daddy/Daughter Date Night tonight.
Chick Fil A just gets better and better.
Walking, cleaning the house and reading are on my menu.
Fresh corn on the cob and a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich, too.:)


So much effort to get a good family picture.;)


My husband was provoking Mandy.
Sometimes I have to separate my children.;)


Just found out about a Summer Reading Program.
For Grown Ups.:)
Sign up here!
Free. Books.
Yes, Ma'am.



Did you know Sonic has 1/2 price shakes after 8:00 PM this summer?


Wow.


This last picture is all sorts of wrong.
And I love it.

*Mommy Holly is back!  Check out her fun giveaway here!*

17 comments:

val said...

oh my gosh, what a terrific post! I love all the photos...Mandy's smile is GORGEOUS!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thanks, Val.:) It was a fun day with a lot of silliness mixed in! Lori

Tristan said...

lol..those frame pics are so funny!!

our sonic just closed :( too small of a town,i guess..but it's the only place i ever went for drinks!!

love this post..you look fabulous by the way!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thanks, Tristan! Sorry your Sonic closed!:( You can always make root beer floats at home, though.:) Katie has been making them here for us. Mine with diet root beer so I can enjoy, too. Yippee!! Love you! Lori

Julie said...

Is that picture frame at Crystal Bridges? I still haven't been there. It looks fun though.

Lindsay-ann said...

Glad you enjoyed a quiet moment to yourself Lori. We all need those from time to time. I am glad to hear that Mandy is volunteering. I bet those kids love her so much. I loved seeing the fun pictures with the frame. Enjoy your trip down South :)
Lindsay
x

mysteryhistorymom said...

Julie- Yes, all the pictures were taken at Crystal Bridges. You must take the kids! It's truly lovely. Pack a lunch for eating on the Art Trail.:) Lori

Polka Dot Moon said...

LOVE the family photos! I did something similar for Jillians 1st real birthday (she's a Leap baby!)

Happy Summer!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Lindsay- Thank you! When I saw the frame on the trail I was SO excited! Such great photo opportunities! Wish you could have been there with us. Lori

Sherri said...

Lori, I just love this post!!! I can't believe how big the girls have gotten!! Enjoy your summer and your family!!! HUGS!!!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sherri- Thank you so much, dear friend! Hope you have the most wonderful weekend!:) Lori

Robin Beck said...

So cute and YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thanks, Robin! Not my favorite pictures of me but I need to start being present in some!:) Lori

Fran. said...

Oh Lori I LOVE this post!!!! That frame rocks!! I need one!! LOL You are looking mighty fine there lady!! I see you are thinkig, I know praying about adoption. Your family would be so awesome for a somewhat special needs child or even a orphan!! Someone who could use alot of love in their corner of the world!! I'm praying for ya Lori!! XOXO Love ya, Fran.

mysteryhistorymom said...

THanks for the prayers and sweet words, Fran! Just think of the fun you would have with your own personal picture frame photo prop! I wanted to take pictures there all day.:) Lori

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Love the frame pictures! Glad everyone was having a wonderful time. It sounds just like dinner time around here. I wish daddy/daughter date night left me home alone. I'm stuck here with three boys! ;)

mysteryhistorymom said...

Amy- Watch out for Mom/Son Date Night at Chick Fil A! I saw them advertised awhile back.:) THen you would get a night out, too! Lori