About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Music and Twinkle Lights



I'm beyond exhausted.
Today, while I driving my girls to classes, I took a bite of my lunch and panicked.
I couldn't swallow. 

I was doing too much, too fast.
Not good.


I want to simplify.
But, I don't want to let anyone down.
I want to make the magic.
Without losing my mind in the process.

Thanks goodness, the little one (below) likes to makes treats (above).:)
Our house smells fabulous even if it isn't perfect.


This (above) is last night's magical creation.  
Daddy is awesome but the vision was all Katie.
(Psst...  I would love some in our room.)
:)


Michael Buble, Josh Groban, Justin Bieber and Amy Grant have been serenading us.
Christmas music and twinkle lights make me feel like anything is possible.


We are putting up 3 trees this year.  The one above is our "girly" tree with dolls, sparkle and such.
The one downstairs is colorful with more of a handmade /country look.


Most of these beauties are being saved for our last tree.  A "real" one this year!  It will be silver, gold and white with white twinkle lights.  I anticipate that it will be my favorite.

I'm off to finish some gifts.  Are you crafting any gifts this year?

11 comments:

Robin Beck said...

I don't like to hear that you are overdoing! It wasn't that long ago you had major surgery, yes, you do need to slow down and simplify!
But I must say, the house looks lovely!!;)

I have been crafting and would be blogging but Google said I have no more space for pictures and have to pay for it now! Boo Hoo! So I am busy trying to make more space on my blog. Not sure what route I'm going to go. In the meantime I'll post on Instagram and Facebook.

Have a good night, get some rest!!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

I'll try, Robin.:) I'm busy sewing tonight so hopefully I can catch up on some fun shows and get some gifts done at the same time!;) I ran out of room on my blog, too, but went ahead and paid the $5 for lots more space. Save yourself the trouble and just give them the $5.:) I miss your pictures and posts! Love you! Lori

Tristan said...

oH,HOW SWEET DOES YOUR HOUSE LOOK!!
just you wait..nothing is like a real Christmas tree so imperfectly beautiful..all unique..LOVE them!!

Stuff is being mailed out Tomorrow..mark my word!! hahaha..i really hope it gets mailed off tomorrow..lol.

We took a picture with a tree that we thought katie would like..it will be in my day "fifth & sixth" day post..tomorrow.haha

Lindsay-ann said...

Lori, your house is looking fabulously Christmassy. Love your pretty staircase and Katie's room looks magical. Please try and take time out to relax. I know it's hard. I am struggling too. I understand about the not being able to swallow too, that has happened to me before. My mum calls it 'throat stop'! Wish we could do something relaxing together. Eating those delicious cakes of Katie's sitting by the ocean would be perfect. Yes I have done a little crafting ;) winky face. Sending calming thoughts and lots of love. Lindsay x

mysteryhistorymom said...

Tristan- Thank you so much.:) Please don't worry about the mail, dear friend. This month is so crazy I'm lucky I know what day it is! Can't wait to see the Christmas tree you mentioned! Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

Lindsay- Thank you so much! We are so alike and that makes me smile!:) Ahhhhh- sitting by the ocean would be divine. A bit of crafting, a bit of tea and cakes and lots of listing to the waves.:) Did you happen to watch the little video on my last post of the stingray? He was so close and looked like he didn't have a care in the world... Lori

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori, Just tried the video again and got it to play this time. I am jealous of the stingray, floating around in warm waters all day long. Loved hearing the waves. So I have my tea, my cake and I can hear waves, I just need you and crafting time :) Lindsay x

mysteryhistorymom said...

Lindsay- Someday, dear sister, we will make that happen.:) I just know it! Lori

Lindsay-ann said...

That would make us all so happy Lori :)

Sherri said...

Lori, please don't over do! You do need to simplify!

I love the way you have decorated! 3 trees are awesome and they all sound gorgeous!! ENJOY and take some time for yourself. HUGS!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sherri- I'm really going to try.:) Lots of shopping today and the girls are taking the rest of the month off from schoolwork (for the most part- we will do a bit of Math and English). We are going to bake, craft, shop and relax! Yippeeee! Lori