About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, February 22, 2014

fabulous friday

Green Smoothies.  My favorite recipe?  1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup Dannon fat free vanilla yogurt (crazy delicious!), 1/4 cup milk & ice cubes.  Blend and enjoy with a sprinkling of ground flaxseed stirred in.  

You'll feel like you're cheating.


I spent the day singing One Direction songs with these 3 monkeys.  Oh wait- that was just me singing.  When you're the driver everyone must appreciate (or quietly tolerate) your singing voice.:)


"Look at that sky.  Talk about blue."  Classic Kronk.  Love that movie and could quote it all day long. 


Fun at Chik Fil A.  Not sure what's going on in this picture but I remember laughing until tears rolled down my cheeks.  I was never this cool at their age.  


Our first family meeting was last Sunday.  (inspired by this)  We had a few challenges that were successfully achieved this week- hurrah!  Our family reward was milkshakes and Game Night! 


Have you ever made f'real milkshakes?  You choose your flavor (Cake Batter, Cookies & Cream, Chocolate Malt, etc.) and then place it in the machine yourself.  Choose the consistency you desire- more thick/less thick, etc.  They have them at local gas stations and are on sale for $2 on Fridays.;)


We played The Amazing Race DVD game when we got home.  We *love* the show (premiering tomorrow night!) so it was fun to play the game at home.  I didn't even have to jump out of a plane!  You can buy the game on amazon but we got ours (new and unopened!) at a garage sale.  Score!


We played on teams and traveled to Egypt, Thailand and New York City all without leaving the house.  No backpacks, insane wasabi eating challenges, or bungee jumping which is absolutely fine with me.


My team won both times which is just fine with me, too.;)

9 comments:

M.K. said...

Cool! Playing Amazing Race with the fam would be SO education! I bet your kids learned lots about geography. And I must must must keep an eye out for those milkshakes at gas stations. Going on a trip in a few weeks, and that looks like a GREAT idea along the way! Thanks!

Rho said...

Hi Lori!

You guys looked like you had so much fun together as always. The green smoothie looks delightfully delicious! Maybe I should give it a try sometime so thanks for posting the recipe on how to make green smoothies. I never knew Amazing Race had a game!?! I only watched a couple of episodes of the show but never really finished watching it. I really want to meet you guys sometime and we should plan something!

Sincerely,
Rhoda

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori, we don't have the Amazing Race over here but it does sound a lot of fun. I loved all your pictures, the milkshakes sound wonderful. I remember when you took us for slushies??? at the gas station and introduced us to the Mountain Dew flavor, it was lovely and very thirst quenching, just what we needed :)Lindsay x

Tristan said...

that sure does look like a good time!

Jeanne said...

looks like so much fun that you had, and that green smoothie is just the recipe that I was looking for to try out. Thanks for sharing that! Have an awesome day!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Purely delightful family stuff! I really enjoyed reading about y'all's adventures. (Our son and his family are currently in Brazil, and it's been awhile since we've seen them in person. I miss that family time. We'll have it again soon!)

Deborah Montgomery said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss those times. And the green smoothie? always seems like a good, healthy idea, but I just can't do it . . . haha

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Sounds like fun! When I say we're having a family meeting someone inevitably asks, "Are we having more kids?" What? No. Crazy kids of mine.

Beca said...

We also have game night regularly at our house too. Our favorite game is the card game Pounce. It really fun and a great way to spend time together talking and laughing. I'll bookmark the recipe for the smoothie. We recently bought a Ninja but haven't used it much. Thanks!
Beca