About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hot Chocolate and Crayon Hearts

It's cold outside.  All summer long I tell people how much I "love cold weather."  Right.  I can't seem to get warm without a mug of hot chocolate (with whipped topping), a hooded sweatshirt and a fire in the fireplace.  Anyway, the girls and I had a blast drinking hot chocolate and making these crayon hearts for Valentine's Day!  We will no longer throw away broken crayons (unless they are the cheap generic kind you get at restaurants- no good)!  You can melt them together to make tiny "masterpieces."  Stop by familyfun.com for directions.  So many fun ideas, so little time...

3 comments:

mel said...

Hey, I *love* these! We have so many broken crayons,,,,lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the crayons, they turned out really good. Family Fun has a lot of neat ideas. I love what you have done with your blog, really great pictures!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thank you! They really are fun to make- almost addictive. They turn out different every time!