About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Family Stone and The Holiday

   This is what's showing after the kiddos go to bed tonight.  Have you seen it?  Would it be good to watch while eating brownies?:)  And...

   Love, love, love this movie!!  If you have not seen, you must hop in the car and go rent it.  Right now.  And stop by Sonic for a Cherry Coke while you're out, would you?  I rented it one night and had to return it before I finished it.  I liked it so much, that I went ahead and bought it to see the ending!  So, my question is, if you have seen it- Would you rather live in Cameron Diaz's gorgeous Hollywood mansion or Kate Winslet's darling English cottage?  And Lindsay- Is your town anything like the one where Kate lives in the movie?:)


16 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Lori, I LOVE both these movies.... & I love your photo on your heading! Enjoy your weekend!.....Heidi XO

Tristan said...

I LOVE family stone...LOVE IT!! Like so much that I own it!! I would eat with saltine cracker..lol..but that's just me!
I love the movie house in the holiday!

Rachel Berry said...

I Own BOTH of these movies! I'm a bit of a movie a holic!! And Mama Mia is sooooo coming home with me on Tuesday, I can hardly wait!

Artfulife said...

Oh my goodness, English cottage! Do you know that is the movie that we got Aris' name from? We thought they were calling Kate Wislet "Aris" (You know the whole accent thing) but they were actually saying "Iris" needless to say Aris is what we went with.
&
I love the family stone. It's one of those movies you hate to see end. I own it and plan on watching it tonight too! Heehee great minds think alike.
Two other of my modern favorites are "Family Man" and "Home for the Holidays" I could watch both of those over and over and over and never get tired of them.

P.S. Dan in Real Life is another one I might have to add to my list of Holiday favorites.

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Haven't seen either one, but now I must :-) Brownies sound yummy with any movie!!!! And Tristan's PREGNANT...hello, that's why she'll eat Saltines with it, heheh...how excited am I for her and her beau!?! And I LOVE SONIC but don't have any where I live now...they are in my hometown so when I go visit my fam, I like to stop and get...what's that drink called...with the cherry? Oh, the cherry limeade...okay, now I'm craving a chili dog! I swear Lori, you always leave me wanting something....glittery skeleton keys, cherry limade with a chili dog...what's next, hehe?

Oh and cute new header!

Darlene said...

I haven't seen either one of these movies....guess I need to get them!!

Robin Beck said...

I JUST asked Lindsay in a E mail the other day if she saw this movie! (she had) I own this movie and LOOOOOVE it-Tim even commented that it was one of the better chick flicks out there! I would probably rather live in England in the country. I'm a warm and cozy kind of girl~♥

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
We love watching The Holiday and would prefer to live in the Hollywood Mansion anyday! There are some villages in our area that are a bit like in the movie. Our house is quite modern but there are cottages like that just one mile from here. If you come some day we will take you there. Oh and we do not speak like Kate Winslet or rather we do not think we do! We have not seen the other film but will look out for it.
You are the winner of our Cadburys chocolate giveaway so we will get that sent off to you right away. Congratulations.
Lindsay

Tina Puntigam said...

I haven't seen The Family Sloan but did get to see The Holiday. It made me cry. I would definitely enjoy the little cottage the most.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Love the cups in the header!!

I have only ever seen the ending of The Holiday! I always miss the beginning! Never seen the Family Stone. Let us know if it's any good!

Trish said...

Hi Lori! I bought "The Holiday" last year at this time, and still haven't watched it! Time to make some time, I think! I'll have to check out "The Family Stone".

Thanks for reminding about that movie I keep meaning to watch! :) Now, if I can only find it!!


Trish

p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you have time, stop by!

Sarah B. said...

Love both those movies but absolutely love The Holiday...I would love to live in Kate's little English Cottage...heck, I would love to vacation for a week in Kate's little cottage...so cute!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

I love the family stone!

mommyholly said...

Oh my gosh, I love love loveeee both of those movies!!! Although the Family Stone makes me cry so badly every time I watch it haha!! I think I would have to choose Kate Winslet's cozy little cottage in the Holiday!! Although Cameron's wardrobe is quite cute!!! :) xoxox!
PS. Love the header picture!!

Yarni Gras! said...

Kate Winslet's cottage hand's down! :-) Also, I want a starry tent like Jude Law's girls in their room when Cameron went to surprise them........awwwwwwwwwwww!

Elise said...

I haven't seen either of these movies. Maybe I will have to soon...
Elise