About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

There's a New Mouse in my Life

   And his name is not Mickey.  The girls and I started reading Desperaux last night and we are in love.  Kate DiCamillo has done it again.  We love all her books- Mercy Watson and Winn Dixie are some of our favorites, but this little fellow with the big ears has stolen our hearts.  It premieres in theaters this Friday, but you really should read the book first.  It's the perfect excuse to snuggle by the fire with your family.:)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling, darling, darling -- I love snuggle reading time with my Caroline. Thanks for the recommendation, dear friend.

Georgia Girl said...

OMGosh she is so cute! Am I right...she?

I am going to have to get this book. We love books at this house.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I saw the trailer for the movie...It might be too scary for me!! ;)

Darlene said...

Lexi's teacher read the class that book and for their AR party (for making their reading points) they, being the 4th graders, go to the movie this Friday to see it. The best part is that we just had a new movie theater open a week ago in town and that is where they will see it.

Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh I want to get the book and read it to the wee ones :)
The movie looks darling too!

~ Roxanne said...

Oh no! I forgot I had put that book on hold at the library along with several others. They had left a message last week saying the book I had on hold was in.

Well they didn't say which one and we have been running around like chickens.

Looks like the Christmas shopping is not done yet. I believe we have Winn Dixie but haven't had the chance to read it yet. The stack keeps growing. We just finished the Felicity Mystery Novel.

Elise said...

That little mouse is so cute!! I love your header, too!! Love it sooo much!!
Elise

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

He's a cutie, I'll bet my oldest would LOVE to read him...great Christmas idea!

Tristan said...

Lori..I only had to vomit 2 times today..so that's better :) I didn't eat much candy..just my red hots..lol!

I saw this little mouse on jon & kate plus 8..and it was too cute!

Heidi said...

Hi Lori, I will definitely pick up the book, before we see the movie on Christmas night!...Great advice!...He is so cute isn't he! :)....Love, heidi XO

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a cute mouse..can't wait to see it!
-sandy toe

Artfulife said...

We read this book to the class I worked in right before I had Little Aris. The kids loved it! Sloan and I are going to read it during Christmas vacation. I would suggest reading her other book, "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane". I read this to Sloan about Two years ago. She and I both could hardly put it down. I do so hope they make this book into a movie also.

P.S. Another book we loved reading together was, "The Princess Academy" I of coarse cried at the end. It is a beautifully written novel about a girl who learns to love and finds courage and acceptance in her family and others but mostly with herself. I hear their are movie plans for this one too. You'll have to let me know if you read these two books and what you think.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Aahhh he's so cute. I have seen the trailer for this film, it looks fun.
Actually there are quite a few films we want to see over Christmas. More than usual.
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Magnolia Rose said...

Lori,

The timing of this post is too ironic. We had a mouse visit our house last night. Though I am afraid it met a quick demise over the love of peanut butter. Ick. I hope to take Emma to see this movie soon. Looks fun!

~ Roxanne said...

I am having troubles with my email and am not sure if the one I sent went through. I also tried to call but that didn't got through either :0{

AwtemNymf said...

I so wanna see this movie, but have to wait until it comes on DVD. I lip-read and animations are difficulty to follow! CLosed-Captions help me! Let me know how the movie is?
Hugs & Faerie Dust!

Sherry said...

Sounds like a great book! Mallory likes to read to us.

Sherry