About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, July 10, 2009

Iced Tea Party

What's this? I believe we have discovered a little tea (iced tea) party in session! Please- pull up a chair.

These darling young ladies would love the pleasure of your company!

Katie and I just cleaned out the little yellow playhouse for special occasions such as this...

There's plenty of strawberries, cookies and gummy lifesavers (thanks Jill!) for all our friends.:)

Just follow the Katie twins...


You'll be glad you did!:)

My little Katie is enjoying her first sleep-over tonight with her best buddy, Katie. I cannot tell you how much I miss her. It's physically painful. I am certain that she is having the most wonderful time but I just discovered that parents can get separation anxiety, too... It's going to be a long night.

****UPDATE- Katie came home at 10:30 PM. She had SO MUCH fun, though! Just wanted to sleep in her own bed.:)****

10 comments:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Hope you can make it through the night....I know how you can miss them when they're gone!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Jackson had his first a couple of months ago.....it was a long night for us too! But he had a fabulous time just like you Katie will :)

Hang in there :)
Denise

theUngourmet said...

Wow! It's a big night! Hope things go smoothly. :0)

I love your new header! So pretty!

Molly said...

I wanna play in the yellow playhouse :) The first night my little sister went to sleep over at her friends house I was freaking. I called often to make sure she was ok and having fun. She had a blast and I was the first parent there to pick up their child. I love her so much! Have a great weekend!
~Molly P

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Looks like the Katie twins are having lots of fun at their tea party. The little yellow playhouse looks adorable. I remember Jessica's first sleepover and she called me all teary at 11pm! I never slept all night so I know how you are feeling. You will breath a sigh of relief in the morning and I am sure Katie will have had a great time.
Have a good weekend.
Lindsay
x

Kim's Treasures said...

Awww hope you were able to get some sleep! That is hard!!! Cute tea party!

Jerelene said...

OK...that seriously made me smile :) Too adorable!!!
I had a couple of kiddos that ALWAYS called home when they got tired. Sam is one of them..(My husband did the same thing;)
What a darling little tea party too..I just wish I'd been there! The strawberries looked scrumptious!
Thank you for all the sweet comments you've been leaving me!!
I appreciate them more than words can say!!
Love, Jerelene

Yarni Gras! said...

those are good memories in the making!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

what a fun party! the girls are cute:) thanks for visiting my blog!!

Jill said...

Lori!
my Reagan STILL stays at our house only! :) which is just fine with me!! we just have all the sleepovers at our house!! :)Too cute!