About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cora Paige

   This lovely family has been on my mind quite a bit lately.  Their sweet baby, Cora Paige, is with Jesus today.  You can read about their story here.
   As a tribute to their daughter, they are building a playground.  I think that this is such a lovely way to remember little Cora, until they see her again- in heaven.  And they will.

   Last night, I sat making this bracelet and I could not decide on a name for it.  It reminds me of Springtime, gummy candies, and all things sweet.  It reminded me of this little angel named Cora Paige that I will meet some day...
   So, the Cora Paige is up for auction.  Every penny will be given to help create the Cora Paige playground.  If you are interested, leave a comment with your bid.  The auction will end on Wednesday, the 18th at 6:00 PM (central)...

   Thank you for helping make a dream come true...


8 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

That's so sad. I want to cry. I've been hearing so many sad stories lately. I'm sick of watching the news.

Elise said...

That is a sweet bracelet!! That was such a sad story. I cried and then didn't feel like posting for a few days. Just so sad...
Elise

Tangee said...

That is so sweet of you! I am doing this too, this story just breaks my heart.

Robin Beck said...

I'm with Elise... Cora's passing really set me back...We were all praying for her. Now we pray for her parents-Bless their hearts.
Robin~♥

Angie said...

She has been on mind as well. I can't imagine how her parents are coping with all of this..considering it all happened in such a short amount of time. Her little face has been burned into my heart and I doubt it will ever leave.

Unknown said...

It's a tragedy to lose a child, but what a blessed imprint she has left in everyone's life. My heart and prayers are with them. I will bid $25.00

Ruth Ann said...

Beatiful bracelet! It was soo nice for you to donate this to her charity! You're such a wonderful person! Have a great day!
-Ruth Ann

Lindsay-ann said...

This is such a wonderful thing you are doing Lori.
I will pray for Cora's family.
Lindsay