About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pay It Forward +

   I was lucky enough to take part in Val's Pay It Forward!  Val is a dear friend and SO creative!  Look at the darling Mardi Gras Finch pin she made for me!  She knows that I adore birds.:)  I had never heard of the Mardi Gras Finch, but she told me a bit about them:  These small birds migrate through Louisiana during the month of February.  Their nests are highly prized due to their use of colorful Mardi Gras beads collected at parades. 
   Do you see the way that she sent this cutie??  She's in a nest of beads mixed with brown shredded paper- love it!   I was charmed to find out that birds love beads, too!  Another reason to love them.:)  Thank you so much Val!  (We loved the crocheted hearts, too!  Val- you are so thoughtful, my friend.)

   The girls have been waiting, oh so patiently, to make a chocolate chip heart cake.   We decided to go ahead and make one last night!  It's important to practice, before the Big Day, you know...
   Taste sampling is allowed if you are a chef!

   Here is the finished product!

   Decorating with icing and sprinkles- yum!





   Good Job, girls!:)




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that birds love beads, too!!

And 'good job, girls!' is right! Looks so yummy nd festive!:):)

Elise said...

I want some...Yum!! Cory and I were just talking about how we should take the kids to the beach and I said we could take them to Gulf Shores and have y'all meet up with us. Wouldn't that be fun?!?!
Cute bird!!
Elise

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I like the sotory about the Mardi Gras birds! Very cute bird!

Don't sprinkles just make everything better?!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
The Mardi Gras finch pin and its nest is lovely. What a great surprise from Val.
That heart cake looks so yummy. The girls must have had such fun making it and eating it.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

What a cute bird. The heart cake looks so yummy and colorful.

Please come and visit and enter my 50TH POST GIVEAWAY.

hugs :)

Irma

Tristan said...

That little bird is so cute, I'd love to see a nest in person..that'd be so cool!


That cookie looks YUM-o!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Hey you girl!!! Too fun.... I have the SAME valentine's plate you have in the photo in your banner!!!! In fact, I used it last night at dinner.

Small world, eh?

Beth said...

That looks so yummy!

And, I love the Mardi Gras bird. Who knew birds would want to use beads in their nest? Very cool.

Robin Beck said...

The little bird is adorable!
Mandy and Katie sure looked like they had a great time!
Love their heart shaped cake-Very decorative!

I made gluten free chocolate cupcakes yesterday and they were sooooooo good that I ate FOUR! Ronnie came home and ate three and went on and on about how they were the best cupcakes she has ever had... Then I told her they were gluten free... she truly didn't believe me!
Robin~♥

Yarni Gras! said...

Ha! I'm so glad you like the little birdie pin I made for you. Now, about that CAKE...when do we get a bite?

Ann Harrison said...

Oh my goodness! You just reminded me that I have a silcone heart shaped cake mold. I need to get crackin' on cake making too!