About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stocking Swap



   I received the most gorgeous package this weekend from my dear friend, Heidi.  We were partners in Robin's fabulous Christmas Stocking Swap.  Heidi knows exactly what makes my heart go pitter patter!  When I was done unwrapping the layers of fluffy white tissue paper I found the most beautiful stocking done in colors of cream and white and accented with glitter and a jingle bell!  The stocking is pictured above- so lovely!  Heidi filled my stocking with the most lovely seashells, as she knows that I adore them, that she had made into glittery ornaments for my Christmas tree!  There were also the loveliest buttons and beads in cream and white!  Look at the little church Christmas ornament....  Oh, and do you see the billowy white bows?

   Heidi also tucked in a lovely notepad and the gorgeous tags that I am adding to my collection!  Each gift was created and wrapped with such care and love that I felt like Heidi was right there with me while I unwrapped everything.:)

   And look at this!  Heidi told me it is one of her favorite books and I can see why.  The pictures are amazing!  Such lovely ideas!  Heidi, thank you so much again for this early Christmas present.  I treasure each and every seashell, button and bead, but I treasure your friendship even more.:)




18 comments:

Beth said...

What a fabulous stocking you received! I love the little church.

Polka Dot Moon said...

Okay, that is the loveliest stocking I've seen! What a fabulous swap! I'm excited to be participating in the Snowflakes & Sparkle swap :) that will be my second one, my first swap partner I never heard back from :(
Have a wonderful evening,
Denise

Tristan said...

I love the church!

Preppy Mama said...

Lori-What great goodies!!! I love the church!!
BTW, I know you mentioned a button themed party. Did you know that Martha Stewart has a "button" paper punch? I saw it at Michaels.It is so cute!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a beautiful gift...I am in that swap too..I better get going!! I have bought all the stuff but need to assemble it!!!
-Sandy toes

Anonymous said...

Love it!I bet the girls enjoyed seeing it as well.have a nice rest of the day!~~becky

KKJD1 said...

What a wonderful swap Heidi is a great partner! She makes everything so special. Enjoy! Blessings, Karen

Allyson said...

How sweet! What a nice treat. Don't you know someone cares when it's wrapped with love! Speaking of love, I LOVE the photo on your header. Very relaxing!

Allyson

Robin Beck said...

I love how she made everything so special right down to the tags-Just beautiful-Thank you for sharing Lori~♥

Michele said...

Hi Lori ~ what beautiful treasures you received from Heidi! I'm still working on my stocking...I'm so jealous of Heidi...she was ahead of the game!!!

Hugz,
Michele

~ Roxanne said...

I would love to see a full picture of the stocking! Everything looked beautiful :0}

You won't believe the kids started back to school today. With our spurr of the moment trip to Chicago the two weeks got away from me.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Your stocking gifts are lovely and wrapped so beautifully. The tags are really special. Heidi has obviously put a lot of time and thought into your swap. The buttons and beads are really you. I am almost done with my swaps. Isn't all this swapping exciting?
Lindsay

Sherry said...

I'm not even finished with my Halloween swaps yet. Geeze I would love to be so early!! Heidi sent you some wonderful things!! Lucky you Lori!

Did you ever receive your Oz swap items??

Sherry

Angela Harris said...

I love that tree tag. I found your blog through Sherry. Nice to meet you. I have to say your title has a special place in my heart. Both flowers are a direct tie to my father for me. His favorite plants in his gardens are his moon flowers and morning glories :)
Come visit me when you can
YourAngil.Blogspot.com

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

How beautiful!!

AwtemNymf said...

Wow- what fun fun fun you gots there! You got yours early! :O)
I have most of my stuff together, just need a stocking and some fillers! I'm glad I joined this one :O)
Enjoy your goodies! Hugs!
~A~

Heidi said...

Hi Lori, It was my pleasure to put together a lovely box for you!!!...You are a wonderful friend & with this post & all your kind words have made it even more enjoyable!!!....Just so tickled you like everything!!!....Heidi XO

Elise said...

Beautiful things. Are we supposed to be sending off our stockings already?? I totally wait until the last minute, but seriously I thought/think I have more time??
Elise