About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, January 1, 2010

Savor!

My Word for 2010...

SAVOR

Enjoy; derive or receive pleasure from; take pleasure in...

I plan on savoring each and every (well, almost every) moment of 2010. The events that make my girls smile this big...

and even the moments that aren't always so perfect...

The silly times...

and the "go for it!" times!:)
Because, after all...

I will look for things that make me smile. Sometimes they are quite obvious... Can you guess who this is supposed to be?

I will even try and savor days that I feel like staying in bed all day...

Family times are special. Time is fleeting. Less TV and more board games!
Act silly! Your kids will love it! They will savor the moments with you...

My girls LOVED the ice storm we had last year. Loved it! We spent time as a family, Daddy did not have to go to work and we camped out in front of the fireplace to stay warm. (I hated not having a shower and electricity!) but this year if we have a similar event you know I will do my best to savor the time.

Of course, you know I will savor the food, too! I am going to try and savor more fruits and veggies, though.:)

Oh yes, Happy New Year!

Be sure to savor your quiet moments, too.:)


10 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

Well said! We all need to slow down and "savor" the moment!!
Happy New Year!
Denise

The Four Week Vegan said...

Love that word - great choice. My word is JOY!

Tristan said...

I plan to do the same!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
This is such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing all the fabulous pictures and reminding us to 'savor' all those precious moments and memories.
Wishing you health and happiness for 2010 dear sister.
Lindsay
x
PS Did you save some of that yummy chocolate birthday cake for us?
PPS The fruit face person looks like Tim in the mornings or half of Jedward!

Yarni Gras! said...

Happy New Year to you too. That is a great idea you have!

NicNacManiac said...

Fabulous post...love that word and all that you have associated with it, I have taken note!!
Big New Year's Hugs xOxO Nerina

Anonymous said...

Happy New year! love the word of the year :) I have phrases of the year ...
'just start Somewhere'
and
'Don't just survive, THRIVE!'
love to you and yours, dear friend.
Missy

Elise said...

Great post!! Love the "Savor". Got your gorgeous card in the mail the other day. Your girls are so beautiful!!
Elise

Jill said...

That sure does sound good to me, girlfriend! Happy New Year!!!

Robin Beck said...

Cute, Cute, Cute post! I love all the photos and love your new word... Add an "i" to it and you have Savior! ~♥~

I was telling Tim on our trip how your word is savor and Kimberly's word is simple. He asked what my word was this year... I laughed and told him I had three words...
"DO NOT NAG" :) I'm not a big nagger but decided I was going to try not complaining about anything anywhere just to see how it goes this year.
Missed you!!!
Love,
Me.