About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Beautiful Weekend






We were blessed with an absolutely gorgeous weekend.  Today we went on a hike and worked in the garden.  Weeding the garden + hiking + the elliptical = sore legs for me.... :(  Besides that, I thoroughly enjoyed our family time and took lots of pictures.  I love my camera!

We watched "The Bee Movie" on Friday night.  Not impressed.  If you have seen it, what did you think?  I am very excited about the upcoming "Prince Caspian" movie, though. Mandy and I started reading the book last night.  We also want to read "Nim's Island" before we see the movie.  The books are always better, you know?   

3 comments:

Kemma said...

I took K and two girlfriends to see Nim's Island on the weekend. It was pretty nice. More of a 'made for TV' movie on the big screen, than a real movie-movie. I want to read the book now. In the reviews I'd read, it said that if you've read the book, you'll be inclined to throw the book at the screen because of all the liberties taken in the movie. So now I'm on the lookout for the book, to see where the movie deviated from the actual story.
But it was a fun little movie. Perfect for the girls to watch.

We've not seen Bee Movie yet. Probably won't, come to think of it.

~ Roxanne said...

Hunter has talked a lot about the previews for 'Nim's Island.' I didn't realize it was from a book, will have to look into that.

When we were in Texas Jim took the kids to see 'Horton Hears a Who' and they loved it.

Now that we have DVR we are saving $. Sydney & I watched 'Pride & Prejudices' last weekend :o)

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

WE saw the Bee Movie. we also we not impressed. Luckily the kids are too young to pick up on the inuendos. Chelsea read Nim's Island and we are working on the activities from the educator guide. I think I will take them to see it in a couple of weeks. we can't wait for prince Caspian to come out either, although we will probably wait for it on DVD since the Narnia Movies are kind of intense for the little ones.