About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bob and the Penderwicks


   I must have books on the brain tonight...  First of all, Katie is turning into quite the reader!  She loves math (like her Daddy) but I was wondering if she would learn to love reading as much as Mandy and I do. Katie has been working on the Explode the Code workbooks and when she picked up her Bob books yesterday she raced right though them!  Her face just lit up!  She also reads Dick and Jane books with Mandy.  It's a special time they share together and I love to watch them.:-)
   The other big news is that the newest Penderwick adventure story was released yesterday!  Mandy read The Penderwicks last summer and could not stop talking about it!  It's almost like a modern day Little Women, with unique and wonderful sisters that share adventures together.  The newest book is called The Penderwicks on Gardam Street.   I pre-ordered it as a surprise for Mandy so it should be arriving any day... 

1 comment:

~ Roxanne said...

You always add to my book wish list :o) I will have to borrow Sydney's Huge Dick and Jane book for Parker. He has also started to read! YEAH!