About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cause You Had a Bad Day...

It's storming outside, the girls are in bed, brownies are baking and Jeff and I will soon be watching "Wife Swap" and "Super Nanny" together.  Blissfully cozy, don't you think?  Earlier today it was a completely different story.  We all had to get up early because Mandy had her yearly state testing.  We were like three of the seven dwarves.  You know the ones- "Grumpy", "Sleepy" and "Dopey".  Then, after we dropped Mandy off, Katie had a meltdown due to the fact that Mandy "did not have to do chores" (Mandy was testing) and she did.  She ended up sitting in the "naughty chair" AND losing all her stickers for the Magic Closet.  I will be taking lots of notes during tonight's episode of "Super Nanny", let me tell you.  At times like this I feel defeated as a Mom.  Did I make the right choices, was I too hard on her, and on and on...  When I went to tuck Katie into bed tonight, she had made a picture for me that said, "I love Mom. From Katie".  I wanted to cry, it was so sweet.  I love you, too, Sweetie.:-)

1 comment:

~ Roxanne said...

My heart goes to you. It is not easy being a mom. Sometimes we are the bad guys but they love us even more for it!