About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Creative Clutter


I love magazines- especially beautiful ones with lovely ideas that are easy to recreate.  The only problem is that they make a lot of clutter unless you "pass them on".  I hold on to many of them thinking that I will "read them again someday...".  Well, someday hasn't happened yet, so I decided to start a creative notebook.  I had so much fun starting this project!  Remember the joy of cutting and pasting in kindergarten?  Well, I have rediscovered it!  I kept the ideas and pictures that give me joy (inspire me!) in my notebook and passed the rest on.  Have a peek at some of my favorites...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been doing this for years. i use one of those sketchbooks to collage most of the ideas and inspirations. unfortunately, the book has gotten so big that i have to create another. rather than doing that, i've been scanning them on my external hard drive, to keep down the clutter.

Allison said...

What a great idea! I need to start doing that again. I use to do that as a kid.

Kemma said...

What a great idea! My mom sent me the link to your blog. I look forward to catching up on all the wonderful things you are doing with your family. I have a blogspot, too. You might find some of the characters in mine a bit familiar, although with pseudonyms.... :)
A clue? I forgot to phone Nana yesterday on her birthday. Bad eldest grand-daughter. Bad!