About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Adventures with Stella


We have been having such fun with Stella! The girls have planned all sorts of lovely activities for her....

Today we took Stella to the park. Mandy discovered a lovely little hidden area that was almost like a Secret Garden!

There were fish...

and this gorgeous archway!

Katie decided to read Stella a story there. Can you see Stella on her shoulder?

Mandy was absolutely giddy with her discovery! We could have stayed there all day as it was quiet and shady...

Of course, Stella had to come to church with us today!

Yesterday we invited some friends to go to another park with us. It was a perfect day with low temperatures and humidity.

There's Stella again! She liked seeing all the bluebirds.:)

There is a unique cafe at this park and fabulous tables to enjoy...

Stella almost flew away with this bird! Katie saved her just in time!

Here's another table in the cafe. Look at all the clay figures and the details inside the table. There are even lights inside!

Look at this! A car that is the perfect size for sweet Stella! Of course, she had to go for a ride.:)
Then there was time for exploring...


Jeff even made pancakes for Stella! We had to watch her to make sure she didn't get stuck in the syrup- lol! She really liked the chicken and apple sausage.:)

Then, we took Stella out for Thai food! She certainly is adventurous and not afraid to try new things. What a sport!

Here she is with her first (I think) chopsticks!

The Crab Angels were almost as big as Stella but she really enjoyed them! She was not so sure about the sauce, though...

Stella even found her first geo-cache! Yes, she did! It was hidden in a tree, but she has sharp eyes and found it quickly.:)

Stella is now sleeping soundly under a cozy blanket. She is one tired little sweetie pie!

22 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Stella is really having the most wonderful time with you in Arkansas. I can see she loved the parks and enjoyed exploring with Mandy and Katie. Going to church, geocaching and the Thai meal are definately new experiences for her, thanks for the great pictures documenting this. I love the tiny pancakes Jeff made for her too. I can tell you are all spoiling her rotten. Thanks so much.
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

looks like a wonderful time with Stella! Is it me or have your girls grown since I found your blog? Crazy huh!

Mom of these kids said...

Looks like Stella is having all kinds of fun!!

I just realized when I saw where Stella was visiting on Lindsay-Ann's blog, that you and I are from the same state...I didn't realize that.

April said...

I'm so excited that Stella is visiting you and your family in my home state! Now, Lori, you're going to have to encorporate something having to do with the Arkansas Razorbacks. Stella is in HOG COUNTRY, you know?! She's going to have so much fun...she just might never leave! Great pictures!

Tristan said...

ee! looks like so much fun! I want to trade her places!

Heather said...

Oh how I wish to have all the adventures Stella is having!

Way to go Mandy....that hidden spot is gorgeous!

Robin Beck said...

This post really made me smile...Looks like you guys are showing Stella a great time.
I laughed so hard when I saw your pastor holding Stella-That was priceless Lori!

Have a great week~!

Robin~♥

Jill said...

Lucky Stella!!! What fun! Beautiful pictures!! and such neat places too!!
Blessings!
Jill

Elise said...

Looks like Stella had lots of fun with y'all!!
And y'all have beautiful parks!! Almost makes me want to move...
Elise

Georgia Girl said...

Wow Stella is having a worldwind year...Great places you all took her to and the food looked so yummy!

Love the hidden garden! What fun that was for all!

Darlene said...

It looks like y'all are having a blast with Stella. She is quite adventuresome and up for anything!! That secret garden looks delightful!

Life on the Edge said...

What fun! Oh, I loved that little secret garden! I would never have wanted to leave there. You are giving Stella such a wonderful time and it was so fun to see all the places she has gone, including flying around on a bird's back and driving her own little car. What cracked me up though was Stella with the preacher! I think that is the first that anyone has taken her to church.

It was delightful reading about what Stella has been up to in your home!

Kady

Connie said...

This post makes me smile. What an adventure Stella is having!

Anonymous said...

Oh that hidden place looks lovely & that Stella is one lucky gal having all those fun things planned for her ;-) She's a doll, tee hee!

Jamie :)

Allyson said...

Lori - Thanks for the sweet message! I can't wait to see your fall decor and the jars this year! The weather here has been so wonderful and cool that I've already started pulling all the fall stuff down out of the attic to decorate. I know it's really early, but I have a good excuse for needing to get it done now!

You are so sweet and I'm so glad I found your blog last year!

Love,
Allyson

Fran. said...

What a cute story!! And what an awesome park and such a cute cafe!! The girls are so adorable as is Stella!! You sure make things fun and interesting for them!! XO Fran.

Anonymous said...

that looks so fun! you really know how to make your guests feel right at home :)
Missy

The Four Week Vegan said...

Wow, Stella really got to have lots of fun and adventures with you.

Lorrie said...

Hi Lori--I'm so glad that Stella is with you. What a great time she's having--you've already done so many things. I'm starting to feel a little envious of her after seeing her adventures the last 9 months!

joyh82 said...

What a cute post. Stella had a great time with you all. Love the pics. And your girls are beautiful!

Neabear said...

You are having an awesome time with Stella! I think that is so cool of your pastor to pose with Stella too. What a great sport he is!

Jodi said...

I stopped by to see Stella. I had no idea you were in Arkansas. We just moved from Arkansas to NJ. We lived there for 3 years. I sure do miss it! And, it sure gave me alot to blog about! Looks like Stella likes Arkansas too, what fun!