About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, August 1, 2009

From across the pond and waiting for 8 hours

Look at these happy faces! My sweet English sister, Lindsay, was my partner in the Summer Berry Swap and I do believe she sent us every wonderful berry item in England! She spoiled our whole family! She sent Katie the most darling cherry purse, strawberry gummy candies, a raspberry scented pencil and a lollipop!

She sent Mandy the cutest cherry watch! She only takes it off when she goes to sleep at night.:) Mandy also got wonderful candies and a strawberry scented pencil!

Oh my goodness! Look at all the wonderful goodies! Lindsay sent me strawberry ice cube makers (in the fridge right now!), a cranberry and chocolate bar for my husband, a darling cherry make up bag, Laura Ashley brads (CUTE!), berry colored lipsticks and gloss in a gorgeous bag, berry teas, a strawberry bath sponge, raspberry coconut chocolates, a lovely magazine, and beautiful strawberry hand towels! Plus, look at the strawberry container they are in! How cute is that!!!

Look at this... Lindsay made this for our families and it truly touched my heart. The American flag and English flag are together. Just like our families. This is such a treasure, Linday.:)


And look at this beautiful cross stitching of blueberries! Lindsay made this just for me! It takes my breath away just looking at it!

I am afraid to use it as it may get dirty, but I will use it and think of you everywhere I go, dear friend.:)
Jessica (my niece :) ) sent us the most thoughtful letters, too. Thank you, Jessica! You and your Mom are both gifted letter writers.:)

I just had to show you what I made tonight. I got the recipe here. I used vanilla pudding instead of chocolate. Once you make it you have to wait 8 hours to eat it. Yeah, right.


8 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

My favorite part of this post..."Yeah, right". It made me LOL! : )
As for the rest, my goodness you lucky girl. Now that's a partner who knows how to swap. : ) Very thoughtful, wonderful things.
M.L.

Tristan said...

WOW.

you did get spoiled! How fun!!

Darlene said...

You two did fabulous for each other on your swap! You are both so creative too!!!

OOOOooo that dessert looks DELICIOUS! Yeah, and who can wait 8 hours for that????? Not anyone in THIS family....lol

Unknown said...

Lots of berry goodness! So many cute things...

xo,

annie

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
So glad you all liked your berry swap goodies. Jessica loved seeing her cousins with their gifts too. We are all really enjoying the amazing goodies you sent us. You are so special and we are honored to call you our family.
The dessert looks wonderful. I don't think I could wait 8 minutes to eat that! 8 hours would be torture!!
Your sister
Lindsay
x

Polka Dot Moon said...

You are a lucky lady that is "berry" sweet! What a fabulous partner you had!!!

Kim's Treasures said...

You sure were spoiled!!! How fun!!! Love all those berry goodies! The ornament with the flags...awesomome!!!

Have a great day!
Kim

Elise said...

Wow, y'all got some great goodies!! Love that bag with the cherries on it!! She did great!!
Elise