About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, June 13, 2008

Destined for Adoption

     Today was the last day of Bible Farm and the girls and I feel so completely blessed to have shared this experience with such wonderful people.  The Peters family opens their home to children of all ages so that they can spend time together, learn about animals and farm life, make crafts and, most importantly, learn about God.  They charge a minimal amount of money- just enough to cover the cost of crafts- and even host a special day for handicapped children- free of charge.
   I wish you could meet their family!  Su Dawn and John have 14 beautiful, wonderful and amazing children- and 13 of them are adopted.  In just 2 short weeks I have grown to love them all.:-)  Su Dawn has written a book about their life and I know that it will be a blessing to anyone who reads it.  If you would like to see their family and/or purchase her book, please go to their website: destinedforadoption.com  God has certainly blessed them and, in turn, they are blessing the rest of us.

1 comment:

Miriam Oh Painter said...

wow! that is quite amazing! 14 children! true saints!

I'm excited that you are out of state and across america! This will be fun! i'm excited to see what your favorite things are and i'm curious to see what I decide on sending you! I look forward to the swap!