About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

99 Balloons

Please take a few minutes and watch this. God is so good, though we may not always understand. This family has blessed us all with the life story of little Eliot. Remember that this life on earth is only the beginning!:-) Lori

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. Very special. ~Jill

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Beautiful.

Brn2lisn said...

Extremely touching and indeed special. Thank you for bringing to the forefront and sharing.

~ Roxanne said...

What a blessing those 99 days were to that couple!

When we lost Cody I would have given anything to have him back, including an arm or leg. We got to hold him a little bit but never alive.

Seeing Ellot in his tubes & in the hospital reminds me of what we went through with Parker. Parker was 4lbs 10oz, which was big for being 8 weeks early. God has really blessed us with sustaining his life and no side effects.

Thank you for reminding me of my blessings. To have a child is a great blessing that God bestows. My heart breaks for those children who are not cherished.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, that is such a beautiful story and I love their incredible faith.....I was moved to tears as I am sure everyone else is too! Melinda

Elisa said...

When I saw this for the first time, I was pregnant with Moxie. I cried the ugly cry! I figured it was just hormones... but lo and behold the ugly cry came again!

What amazing Faith those people have... what a blessing little Elliot was to them... and to all of us really. Cherish every single day! It's a gift from God!

Heather said...

What do I say? Simply beautiful.

mrsmorris said...

What an incredible story of love and faith. How slowly time seems to pass here on earth, but it's only the blink of God's eye.

My son was a premie and many of those photos brought back memories. The tubes, the wires, the noise of the NICU, being separated by walls of glass.

Their story is a wonderful reminder to trust in the Lord, with all your heart.