About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hot Springs, Arkansas

  










(Al Capone on the left)















   











   










We're home!  What a whirlwind of a trip, but so much fun!  Jeff had to speak at a conference in Hot Springs and invited us to join him.  We were thrilled!
We ate pancakes at the famous Pancake Shop, went shopping at "The Savory Pantry" (the Raspberry Wasabi Mustard is delicious!), visited the Science Museum, survived the Wax Museum (scary- in more ways than one), swam in the pool (Katie got to try her "Super Swimming Suit" and now has renewed confidence in the water- Hurrah!), and even saw Miss Arkansas at dinner! (We ate at Coy's which was fabulous and were taken care of by Moe!  If you are a local you know how lucky we were- She is the BEST!)      
   This weekend was the Miss Arkansas Pageant and all the girls that were competing were staying at our hotel.  We were so tempted to get tickets, just for fun, but ran out of time.  The convention center was lovely, though.  That's where I got the pictures of the old pictures.  It turns out that Al Capone and his buddies used to hang out in Hot Springs.  They paid off the sheriffs and pretty much had the run of the town!  Al Capone's car is on display in the famous Arlington Hotel.  
The people were so friendly and we can't wait to go again!  Next time we would like to dig for diamonds...:)









11 comments:

Artfulife said...

Oh how fun! I lived in Hot Springs for a few months, years ago when I was expecting my first daughter. Sitting Pretty Studios, Suzannah Rodgers (almost my sister in law) calls Hot Springs home. The crazy thing is the home her parents own, was once owned by Capone. Small world huh? Hope you guys had a wonderful trip and thank you for your kindness in mentioning my first giveaway.

P.S. My adress is 1811 i st, Sparks, NV 89431
summietummer@yahoo.com. When is the swap taking place? Can't wait to find out more.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Sounds like great fun!

Jeri Anne said...

Sounds like you had a blast! What a neat thing for the girls! Blessings!

Art Nest said...

This was so bizarre to see pictures of Hot Springs when I clicked on your blog! (Hi Summer from Artfulife) Good luck in the giveaway! Next time you are in Hot Springs you must come to my shop, ZOES, for lunch!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway.

Your trip looked like it was fun. Makes me want to go there.

Hugs,
Joanne

~ Roxanne said...

I had forgotten about Capone! It has been about four years since we have visited Hot Springs.

It is nice to put other things on our list too see in Hot Springs other than the Alligator Petting Zoo!

Heather said...

What a fun trip! It looks like you all are having a great summer!

mrsmorris said...

Hey LL,

Another awesome trip :). Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I love seeing those old photos.

Mom's main book is The Someday Kid and her name is Donna Ferguson. All of her stuff is listed on Amazon.

Ready Maid said...

Your photo gallery makes me proud to live in Hot Springs, Ark.

My hubby and I visited here only one day six years ago before deciding to move here three months later. We've always been grateful for the opportunity to live in such an inclusive community.

Want to see some of the things we enjoy? Check out these short docu-videos at Spa Vlogger.

Rebecca McCormick,
Travel Journalist and Photographer,
The Sentinel-Record

(Are you LinkedIn?)

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

Looks like you had a great time. We too enjoy Hot Springs (my kids love the wax museum and the Science Museum.) If you come down to Murfreesboro to dig for diamonds, wait until it is a little cooler, there is zero shade, and let me know we only live a few minutes from the Diamond Mine.

Vicky said...

You have a lovely blog.