About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Promise to Love God

   The American Heritage Girl's pledge begins with, I promise to love God, and part of loving God is taking care of his world.  So, Katie and her little buddies set out to do just that at their last meeting!  They made pine cone bird feeders which they hung at the park...

   Then, they went on a little nature hike....

   During the nature hike they had a scavenger hunt. Some things they could take with them (leaf, grass, rock) and some things had to stay there (stream, bird, worm).

   Their little Pathfinder group is small, but they sure have fun together!:)


10 comments:

Tristan said...

she is just too cute!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun....American Heritage is such a great program!
-sandy toes

Artfulife said...

What a blast! How nice to have a group like this for her to be a part of.

Robin Beck said...

I'm sure you are thrilled that the worm had to stay!!!!!!! Too funny!
I'm so thrilled the girls are in such a wonderful club that loves the Lord~
Lovely photos as always~
Robin~♥

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Did I know that you were part of American Heritage Girls?? That is so AWESOME!! I love to read about other AHG troops!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for showing pictures of katie enjoying her group and enjoying nature. American Heritage Girls looks fun. Sounds a bit like the Girl Guides we have over here.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay

Juanita said...

How precious! They are so cute. And it is a blessing to see a mother instill the Lord in her lil girls life.have a blessed day!
Juanita

Sherry said...

The girls are going to have wonderful memories!

Sherry

Yarni Gras! said...

how wonderful! To pledge to love God! YEAH!
I love the bird feeders....we make them too, each year! We already collected our pinecones and will make them during the Thanksgiving holiday since we will be home this year.........

~ Roxanne said...

Yeah for American Heritage Girl's and loving God!

Sydney started activities days twice a month at church and is loving it! Looks like I had better get a post together and some photos taken :0}