About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wanna Come and Pet the Sharks?

   We went to the aquarium this weekend to celebrate the completion of our oceanography unit in Science.  Here is Katie enjoying the peaceful swimming of the jellyfish.  They truly are beautiful. I wasn't feeling that way when I was stung by one years ago, though...  
 
   We all agreed that the best part of the day was petting the tiny sharks and the stingrays.  It was amazing!  


   The shark tunnel was silent and eerie.  We felt terrible for the schools of fish that were swimming around with them. Dinner?

   The stingrays almost looked like they are flying...

   Touching the beautiful sea stars...

   Feeding the turtles...


   The lion fish are lovely, but so deadly.  We saw some stone fish, too.   Not so pretty and equally poisonous.  I am certified to scuba dive, but with my luck these guys would find me, if the sharks didn't first.  My scuba diving teacher told me I would be lucky if I saw a shark.  Huh?


7 comments:

Tristan said...

SO fun...sharks freak me out though..lol..I love jelly fish too..but I don't think I would be as forgiving if one stung me.

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

oh those jellyfish do look beautiful...I love seeing sea creatures! I also was stung by one when I was younger too and they had to scrape the tentacles out with a butter knife :-(. I took my girls to the beach last weekend & there were many jellyfish washed up on the beach too...maybe from the cold? Interesting.

I'm actually only half way through Twilight, but I don't want to put it down...love it! I want to finish it before I see the movie!

Robin Beck said...

What another perfect day..! We have a aquarium just like that here in Seattle. I took my grandson Landon to it and he just loved it. (I think I might have loved it just as much!) :)
Robin~♥

Heather said...

Great pics Lori! I am with you....I don't know if it is because I am older or that it is in the news so much, but sharks frighten me now. This desert life is cramping my water-loving ways..ugh.

Elise said...

That last little guy was cute, but I agree with you about the lucky to see a shark. Uh, not so lucky...
Elise

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures from the Aquarium. It looks a super place for a day out and very educational too. Makes me look forward to SeaWorld!
Lindsay

~ Roxanne said...

I am glad you guys were able to go. It is a wonderful aquarium! Definitely worth repeating.